Friday, September 21, 2012

The story behind: The Craftsman....


I am often asked what the meaning is behind the stones and sacred wood beads and what specific pieces of jewelry mean. "The Craftsman", our most popular necklace, is one of the first pieces I designed- a mother of pearl Tibetan horn,  repurposed Tibetan prayer beads, Indian brass collar beads, Hill Tribe sterling silver hammered rings and leather cord.

I created the Craftsman because of a dream I had. The dream was warm and light. All I heard in the experience was "TWO HORNS". I heard this over and over again. It was as though the words were becoming a part of me. As I heard the words, I began to understand the power and influence of creative design. I saw landscapes and scenes that are difficult to describe and some that I could not recall when I awoke. It was as though books of knowledge were being downloaded. This was so real  I felt like I was actually there. The dream lasted a few minutes, I am sure, but it felt like an eternity.

I have thought about this dream often and it has taken years to realize the significance of that experience. I know now that a horn symbolizes authority. I believe there is a tremendous authority that is being released on those in the creative arts, to mold and shape culture and to redefine the world as we know it. As a designer, I do not take this authority lightly. My goal is to create designs that are not just beautiful but have a purpose. I am often told that people feel more powerful when they wear KINGS&PRIESTS jewelry. My hope is that each customer of K&P finds a piece that speaks to them, a piece that they can wear every day and that stays with them through the seasons of life. Our pieces are meant to be representations of strength, hope and love. And that will never go out of style............

xo Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment